4th Round - Kyle Simon - RHP - University of Arizona

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BA 183. Seems to sit 86-89 with peak at 93 - deception in delivery. Hopefully, some things JJ sees to be corrected ... or JJ was asked to get some bp help quickly.

Interesting pick .... probably one of the weaker write-ups in a JJ top 5 pick in a long time, IMO.

Not really thrilled thus far.

Seems like we could have taken higher ceiling guys and then get these reliever type guys in a few rounds.

Orioles trying to save money with some of these picks IMO...A little disheartening.

I didn't mind Esposito, but these last two picks seems redundant and somewhat of a reach.

Seems like we could have taken higher ceiling guys and then get these reliever type guys in a few rounds.

Orioles trying to save money with some of these picks IMO...A little disheartening.

I think it's too early to say that. This organization needs some pitching so it looks like they like these arms.

Simon has 11 walks in 128.2 innings. He's supposedly a sinker guy so I like a groundball command guy. 4th/5th starter or at worse a setup guy.

LOL you're never thrilled.

No because I get tired of them not doing what is needed in the draft.

They had one of the top 30ish SP prospects sitting there with their last 2 picks and they haven't taken him.

There have also been high upside position players there as well.

There is no way you can tell me that they are taking BPA and that is exactly what JJ said he does.

Every year at this time there's questions about the picks. The overall portfolio is always what matters most. I tend to agree though, so far.

I think it's too early to say that. This organization needs some pitching so it looks like they like these arms.

Simon has 11 walks in 128.2 innings. He's supposedly a sinker guy so I like a groundball command guy. 4th/5th starter or at worse a setup guy.

And I bet you can get a similar guy to that in a few rounds...Meanwhile, you could be drafting better talent right now.

As Stotle said about the Wright pick, if you want him as a reliever, wait...if you want him as a starter, draft the safer bet to be a starter.

The logic isn't there...Its all about signability and them not spending enough.

Its just so irritating to see them piss away money like they do on the ML team but not do enough amateur wise. They just don't get it.

Archived